Have you been considering braces but aren't sure orthodontic treatment is right for you? Braces offer several other benefits in addition to straighter teeth. Your Naperville, IL, dentists, Dr. Rani Seeth, Dr. Fariha Querishi, and Dr. Amir Danesh of Dental Pointe, offer braces and other dental services and procedures that help you protect your oral health.
5 benefits of braces
Orthodontic treatment can help you:
- Improve Your Confidence: Crooked, overlapping or poorly spaced teeth can make you want to hide your smile. Whether you're a teen or adult, it's hard to feel confident if you're ashamed of your smile. Braces not only enhance your appearance but may also help you feel more confident in social situations.
- Correct Bite Problems: Braces realign teeth and eliminate common bite problems, including overbites, underbites, crossbites and open bites.
- Chew Foods Thoroughly: It's much easier for your stomach acid to break down fully chewed food. Unfortunately, you may not be able to chew foods thoroughly if you have a severe bite problem. Braces correct the alignment of teeth and ensure that your upper and lower teeth meet properly when you chew.
- Decrease Pain and Injuries: Misaligned teeth may cut your cheeks, tongue or lips when you attempt to chew. Injuries not only make eating painful but can increase your risk of infection. Poorly aligned teeth can also wear away your enamel and even crack teeth. Straightening your teeth helps you avoid mouth or tooth injuries.
- Experience Fewer Headaches: Bite problems can increase stress your jaw, causing pain, jaw stiffness and tense muscles in your neck and upper back. Muscle tension and stiffness can be a contributing factor if you have frequent headaches. Improving the alignment of your teeth can eliminate these issues, which can be symptoms of temporomandibular joint dysfunction (TMD). TMD affects the hinge joints in your jaw and is more common if you have a bite problem or grind or clench your teeth.
Isn't it time you improved your smile with braces? Call your Naperville, IL, dentists, Drs. Rani Seeth, Fariha Querishi and Amin Danesh of Dental Pointe, at (630) 333-9571 to schedule an appointment.