How dental crowns from your dentists in Naperville, Illinois can strengthen your smile
Dental crowns have a number of uses, ranging from restoring a damaged smile to replacing old, large metal fillings. If your teeth could use a little touching up, Dr. Rani Seeth, Dr. Fariha Querishi, and Dr. Amir Daneshat at Dental Pointe Family Dentistry and Orthodontics in Naperville, IL, offer dental crowns and other restorative/cosmetic dental services to strengthen your smile!
More about Dental Crowns
You may need dental crowns if you have:
- Teeth that are badly broken or cracked
- Large, leaking metal or tooth-colored fillings
- Teeth that have had root canals
- Excessively worn down, eroded teeth
If you have had substantial damage and lost a lot of tooth structure, your dentist may need to place a metal post in your tooth to create a metal foundation for your new crown. This procedure is known as a crown build-up.
A crown can protect even badly damaged teeth, giving you back the strong chewing function that will allow you to enjoy the foods that you love. At Dental Pointe Family Dentistry and Orthodontics, you can choose a few different materials for your crown. Consider:
- Full porcelain, if you want the most natural-looking, beautifully aesthetic dental crown material; porcelain is light-reflective and looks virtually identical to natural tooth enamel. A full porcelain crown blends perfectly with your smile.
- Porcelain-fused-to-metal, also known as a PFM crown, if you want the additional strength of metal. PFM crowns lose some of the light-reflective quality of full porcelain because of the metal, so they are an excellent choice for posterior teeth.
To find out more about what dental crowns can do for you, just pick up your phone and call the dentists at Dental Pointe Family Dentistry and Orthodontics in Naperville, IL. Dial (630) 333-9571 today to get started on your new smile!