How oral surgery from your dentists in Naperville, IL, can help you and your smile
If you are suffering from tooth pain, having oral surgery can relieve your pain and save your smile. There are many reasons why you might need oral surgery, both painful and non-painful. The dentists at Dental Pointe in Naperville, IL, offer oral surgery services to heal your smile.
So, what may cause you to need oral surgery? Pain is often the main reason people turn to oral surgery. Tooth pain can be acute and can disrupt your life. Some of the main causes of tooth pain which lead to oral surgery include:
- Deep dental decay which can’t be relieved with root canal therapy
- Extensive damage to tooth structure which can’t be corrected with a dental restoration
- A severe dental infection or abscess which can’t be healed with other treatment
There are also many non-painful reasons to have oral surgery, including:
- Upcoming orthodontic treatment to create more space by removing teeth
- Severe bone loss and tooth mobility related to periodontal disease
- Wisdom tooth removal due to lack of space or incomplete tooth eruption
Dental implants are also another common cause of needing oral surgery. Dental implants replace missing teeth, renewing the appearance of your smile, and restoring your full chewing function.
You may also need oral surgery to heal soft tissue. Periodontal disease attacks both the hard and soft tissue, resulting in periodontal pockets full of bacteria around your teeth. Periodontal surgery is often recommended to correct periodontal pockets, and make your mouth healthier.
Oral biopsies are also performed on soft tissue, to determine whether abnormal tissue changes or precancerous or cancerous tissue is present. An oral biopsy is a very important oral surgery service which can protect your health and your life.
Chances are you will need oral surgery treatment at some point in your life, but don’t worry. Oral surgery procedures are state-of-the-art and your dentists at Dental Pointe are dedicated to creating a stress-free, comfortable visit for you. To find out more about oral surgery and other restorative and cosmetic dental services, call the dentists at Dental Pointe in Naperville, IL, today!