Posts for: October, 2018
What You Need to Know About School Checkups in Naperville, Il
Your child's dental healthcare is important. Taking care of your kid's teeth while teaching them proper oral hygiene is essential to their healthy growth. Here at Dental Pointe Family Dentistry and Orthodontics, our dentists can help you with this endeavor through regular school checkups.
More on School Checkups
Regular checkups and cleanings help maintain your child's dental/oral health. During this meeting, your doctor will examine the gums and teeth to ensure your child is flossing and brushing properly. Your dentist will also be able to detect any issues sooner rather than later to prevent severe problems like tooth loss due to decay or gingivitis.
A school checkup occurs before the beginning of the school year. Your kid(s) get their regular cleaning so they're set before school and then again after six months.
The advantage of school checkups, aside from preventing oral problems throughout the school year, is sometimes during the summer, winter, and spring breaks, your child’s dental regiment may not be consistent and they may suffer. School checkups ensure any damage done in the past is fixed and preventative procedures, such as giving your child teeth sealants, may be applied.
Don’t forget to schedule your child’s school checkups with your Naperville dentist for proper dental health care before the school year!
Daily Oral Hygiene is Always Important Too!
Here are some things to help maintain your child's oral health care:
- Receiving professional dental cleanings to remove hardened plaque that's accumulated on and around teeth and gums
- Drinking fluoride-containing water
- Avoiding drinking too much coffee and tea
- Attending dental checkups every six months to examine teeth and gums for cavities
- Getting fluoride treatment to prevent serious issues, like gum disease and tooth decay
- Using fluoride-containing products like toothpaste and mouthwash to help repair teeth
- Flossing at least once before bed to remove food debris
- Brushing teeth at least twice a day
For more information on school checkups, call Dental Pointe Family Dentistry and Orthodontics' Naperville office at (630) 333-9571 today!