Posts for category: Dental Procedure
Do you want to give your entire smile a makeover it won’t soon forget?
While we can’t all be lucky enough to have the ideal smile, this doesn’t mean that our Naperville, IL, dentists, Dr. Rani Seeth and Dr. Rachel George and Dr. Tabasam Akbar, can’t help make this possible. There are so many amazing cosmetic enhancements from which to choose when you come into our office. If you want to make minor to more serious aesthetic adjustments to the shape, size or color of your smile, it’s time you turned to dental veneers to get the smile you want.
Are you looking for a cosmetic restoration that will enhance your smile and change the way it looks? If you said “yes” then dental veneers may be the right choice. Veneers offer a simple and convenient way to revamp how your smile looks. While they won’t be able to solve all dental problems, it is a great way to change the overall color, shape and length of a tooth.
Some issues that dental veneers can mask include:
- Fractures, breaks and chips
- Poorly formed or misshapen teeth
- Gaps between teeth
- Minor crowding or misalignments
- Uneven teeth
- Worn teeth (from teeth grinding)
When you get dental veneers in Naperville, they instantly brighten your smile, fix minor crookedness and improve the overall shape. Hate that teeth aren’t perfectly straight but don’t feel like it’s worth it to wear braces for months on end just to make these minor changes? If so, then dental veneers can easily reshape and realign your smile.
What are dental veneers?
These restorations are made from thin layers of porcelain. They are extremely durable and provide additional protection for your tooth. These porcelain shells are adhered to the front of one or more teeth to improve its appearance. Each veneer is specially crafted to fit your teeth and veneers even offer a high translucency so that they reflect light in the same way as natural teeth. No one will even know that you have veneers.
Don’t dental veneers sound like an amazing way to boost the appearance of your smile for life? Here at Dental Pointe in Naperville, IL, we pride ourselves on providing only the best when it comes to the dental care you receive. If you want to get dental veneers then call us today to schedule your no-risk consultation.
Would you like a brighter smile? Naperville, IL, dentists - Dr. Rani Seeth, Dr. Rachel George and Dr. Tabasam Akbar - at Dental Pointe explain how teeth whitening can transform your smile.
How does whitening work?
Teeth whitening is very effective at removing extrinsic stains that dull your tooth enamel. Hydrogen peroxide, the active ingredient in teeth whitening agents, bleaches stained enamel, leaving you with a brighter smile. In fact, many people notice a three- to eight-shade improvement after just one treatment session.
What whitening options are available?
If you're considering whitening, you have three choices:
- Over-The-Counter Products: Over-the-counter whitening gels, liquids, trays and strips can be effective at lightening teeth, but you'll need to use the products for weeks or months to see a difference. Some manufacturers also offer toothpastes designed to whiten teeth. Although these pastes can be helpful at first, if they're too abrasive, they'll erode your enamel, making the duller dentin layer underneath more visible.
- Professional In-Office Whitening: Professional whitening at Dental Pointe's Naperville office offers the quickest, easiest way to whiten your teeth. Before any professional whitening treatment, your teeth will be cleaned to remove plaque and tartar. Because whitening agents can't penetrate these deposits, cleaning is a must. Prior to whitening, a coat of protective gel will be applied to your gums to prevent root and gum irritation. The whitening treatment itself only takes about one hour. After the hydrogen peroxide is brushed on to your teeth, you can crack open the latest bestseller or advance to the next Candy Crush level while you wait for the whitening agent to remove stains.
- Professional Take-Home Whitening Kits: Dental Pointe also offers custom-made trays for in-home whitening. If you prefer this option, your trays will be made from an impression of your teeth. You'll simply add whitening gel to the trays several days per week for a few weeks, as recommended by your dentist. Whitening kits are also ideal for touching up your results between whitening treatments.
How long will my teeth stay white?
Your teeth may be noticeably whiter for two or three years or longer, as long as you stay away from foods and beverages that cause extrinsic stains, such as cola, wine, tea, coffee, berries and soy sauce.
Get the dazzling smile you've always wanted with professional teeth whitening. Call your Naperville, IL, dentists - Dr. Seeth, Dr. George and Dr. Akbar at Dental Pointe - at (630) 333-9571 to schedule an appointment.
It is inevitable that in your lifetime there may come a time you will need oral surgery. Thankfully the professional dentists at Dental Pointe in Naperville, IL, are well versed in performing dental procedures under local anesthesia with the most minimal recovery time imaginable. These procedures are performed to relieve pain, to restore function, to improve the patient’s appearance or to treat infection or even trauma.
Types of Oral Surgery Procedure Types
Some of the most common oral surgery types include:
- Tooth Extractions: This is required when a diseased tooth cannot be saved, teeth are crowded and need space for orthodontic treatment or if a wisdom tooth is impacted.
- Dental Implants: This tooth replacement option attaches a crown above the gum line with a screw directly into the jaw bone.
- TMD/TMJ: When other treatments fail, surgery is often required for patients with serious misalignment and/or jaw issues.
- Facial Trauma/Reconstructive Surgery: Knocked-out teeth can sometimes be reimplanted or replaced with dental implants.
- Oral Diagnosis/Biopsy: When a dentist or dental hygienist sees something suspicious in the mouth, a biopsy is performed to detect or rule out oral cancer. This involves removing a small tissue sample for a pathologist to test.
What to Expect with Oral Surgery in Naperville
When you’re preparing for oral surgery, it is important that you understand everything associated with your oral surgery procedure to help keep anxiety at bay. Generally, x-rays will be taken to help diagnose the issue the most precisely. A professional oral surgeon will also discuss anesthesia options and will explain the procedure in full so you understand what to expect. A good oral surgeon will also answer any question you may have about the surgery or the process overall.
Oral surgeons at Dental Pointe in Naperville, IL, offer professional oral surgery experiences that are pain-free. To schedule a comprehensive dental consultation with one of their many professional oral surgeons, call (630) 333-9571 today.
These thin porcelain shells can go a long way to transforming the look of your smile.
Cosmetic dentistry has certainly come a long way over the years. Now your Naperville dentists, Dr. Rani Seeth, Dr. Rachel George and Dr. Tabasam Akbar, can give you the healthier, straighter and whiter smile you want without invasive procedures. If you are looking to improve your smile’s appearance, it is time you discovered dental veneers.
These thin tooth-colored shells are a great way to improve the overall look, shape and size of your teeth without the need for invasive cosmetic dentistry. Plus, these veneers also provide protection and strength to tooth enamel.
In order to get dental veneers, your Naperville family dentists will need to examine your smile to make sure that these cosmetic restorations are the best option. Before you come into our office, think about the smile goals you want to achieve through cosmetic dentistry.
Veneers are a great option for those looking to mask these dental flaws:
- Misshapen teeth
- Cracks and chips
- Teeth that are crooked
- Overlapping teeth
- Spaces between teeth
- Teeth that are too short
- Teeth that are worn down
While veneers won’t be able to hide severe malocclusions, crookedness or other alignment issues, this procedure can be a great way to fix minor to moderate dental problems without needing orthodontics or more invasive procedures.
Getting Dental Veneers
Unlike dental crowns, porcelain veneers require less tooth preparation. This means a lot less tooth enamel is removed than with dental crowns. And most of the time the teeth can be shaved down without even needing anesthesia (a major perk!).
Veneers are only bonded to the front part of the tooth using a special resin. The resin is applied between the veneer and the front surface of the tooth, where the resin is the hardened using a dental laser. All veneers are custom-made to fit your smile and to offer a realistic color so that no one even knows you are wearing veneers.
Dental veneers have revamped countless smiles and yours could be next. Call Dental Pointe in Naperville, IL to schedule your cosmetic consultation. We are here to serve you!
Find out if it’s time you scheduled an appointment with your Naperville dentist.
It isn’t always easy to tell when your mouth is having issues that your Naperville, IL dentists, Dr. Rani Seeth and Dr. Sarah Janowski at Dental Pointe, need to address. It can be even harder to tell if the issues you are having require oral surgery. Below are some of the reasons someone may have to undergo surgery and what signs you should look out for.
Whether you’ve already lost a tooth or you have a tooth so badly damaged our Naperville, IL general dentists recommend you have it extracted, you will need to consider a tooth replacement. While not all restorations require surgery, if you are looking for a restoration that could last the rest of your life, you may want to consider dental implants.
These strong titanium screws are placed into the jawbone where they serve as artificial tooth roots to hold a dental crown, bridge, or dentures in place. If you have one or more missing teeth, you’ll want to talk to us about whether implants are right for you.
Insufficient Bone Density
Maybe you want to get dental implants, but unfortunately, you’ve lost a significant amount of jawbone density since losing your tooth. Even though this situation may be frustrating, our Naperville, IL restorative dentists have a solution.
Before placing your implant, we will perform a simple bone grafting procedure in which we will build up or add bone to the jaw--using your own natural bone from another area of the body (usually in the mouth) or through a donor. Once the grafted bone has fused with your jawbone we will be able to place your implant. Bone grafting can take anywhere from three to four months to complete.
When your third and final molars come in (usually between your late teens and early twenties), they can cause some pain and discomfort. Many patients won’t be able to keep their wisdom teeth. Sometimes wisdom teeth will only partially erupt through the gums, making this area more susceptible to decay and gum disease. Wisdom teeth can also grow in crooked and put pressure on healthy teeth, causing further damage. If you are dealing with swelling, pain, fever, or other signs of an infection around your wisdom teeth, it’s time to talk to us about an extraction.
These are only some of the reasons why you may need oral surgery, so it’s important to turn to Dental Pointe if you have any dental concerns. Our Naperville, IL dental office is open six days a week to provide full comprehensive services to everyone in your family. Whether you have questions about an upcoming procedure or you are experiencing any of these signs above, give us a call today.